Thursday, September 11, 2008

Erratic?

Former AZ Sen. Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ) on why the press's judgment problem about McCain ....

[McCain] has a problem of judgment. I think that has been clear, as the campaign goes on, that his judgment is flawed. He paints it as a "maverick" position, but in fact he has a problem finding good judgment and staying with it.

He likes to paint himself as a man of convictions that stays with it. But if you served with him, as I did, and if you have followed him since I have left, and I have done that, you see his positions changed [with] whatever is needed. Whether it's on taxes, income tax cuts; whether it's on drilling in Alaska, or offshore, or you name it -- and John McCain has been all over the map.

And he will continue to do that, and that's why he has been able to be successful because, in my judgment, mostly. not all of the media, but much of the media kind of lets him get away with it.

No comments: