Saturday, July 12, 2008

Here we go again...

I've been sloppy again in keeping up with events on the blog...sorry.  Recovery is going fine, though it seems slow at times to me.  Rehab is going well and I'm slowly regaining the prowess on the treadmill that I had going before all this came up.

One recent setback however....my AAA repair of four years ago is failing and has to be redone.  I'd had a AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm) repaired through the endo-vascular technique and it went rather well at the time, saving the abdominal incision procedure.  However, my annual CT scan to follow up on the procedure now shows that it's leaking and the aneurysm is actually growing in size again and needs to be 'relined'.  That will be done Monday morning first thing.  Hopefully it will not require any overnight time in the hospital.  I'll report later on the outcome...

No comments: